You can spot a designer bag from a long distance. There are distinct markings to make the handbag stand out. The intertwined double G logo emblem makes it unmistakable to recognize. Gucci is an Italian fashion designer and leather goods supplier which started in Florence in 1921. With age, beauty and style in its stride, the brand has generated close to $7.0 billion in sales worldwide in one year – Talk about a large fan following.
With the rise in popularity of high-end luxury handbags, Gucci is very high on the list. Everyone wants to be seen owning one. So much so, that there are a number of fakes also being generated. However, there are 5 trademarks on a Gucci designer handbag which you need to keep in mind to identify the real thing.
- Dust bag. You can recognize a classy handbag when it comes all wrapped up in a high quality dust bag. Styled and designed with the recognizable designer logo, these draw string bags are usually brown or black with the logo in gold.
- Control card. With reference to the newer handbags, this control card is a tag that features a specific number which signifies that the handbag was checked and verified after being made.
- Logo. Most luxury handbags feature the designer’s logo on the exterior. With the two G’s stuck close together, the right side G is inverted, while the left hand side G is straight and faces the right! The most common colors are a dull gold tone with the G’s made in a darker gold than the background.
- Tags inside the bags. Look for the “Made in Italy” tag printed on a dark brown leather label. The label also has an “R” and this means the bag is registered. Also, the designer’s name will be on the inside.
- Serial Number. All Gucci bags come with a serial number. This is what they use to specifically differentiate one bag from another. This serial number is found on the reverse side of the inner label. It is most often than not in two parts-one above the other. Visit a high-end store which carries these designer handbags and personally look for these five items. This way you will know what to look for when you decide which exquisite bag meets your needs. Note: Not all designer brands have this type of validation and trademark identifiction.
Visit a high end store which carries these designer handbags and personally look for these five items. This way you will know what to look for when you decide which exquisite bag meets your needs. Note: Not all designer brands have this type of validation. and trademark indentification.